Welcome to the Neighborhood
As promised, here’s an update on the process of moving us from Substack to Ghost.io!
There’s currently a significant wait time for the brilliant Ghost concierge team to help with the move — I have no doubt they’re dealing with a lot of folks who are making the same transition we are. Their communication and support has already been excellent, but I’d like to get us settled sooner rather than later. With that in mind, I’ve used their very well-written guides to do what I can on my own. Here’s where we’re at right now.
- Here’s the new place! There’s not much to see right now, because I don’t have the developer skills to migrate all the posts over, but it’s better than a kick in the pants.
- As soon as I can get help with migrating content, all the archives from Substack will make their way to the new site, after which point the old Substack will vanish. Future posts will come to your inbox via Ghost, with the sole exception of tonight’s chat thread for paying subscribers.
- If you were previously signed up for a free membership via Substack, your free subscription has migrated over to the new platform. You’ll start receiving free content via Ghost next week. You don’t need to do anything — except maybe sign up for a paid subscription, if you want access to the content that’s exclusive to members, including tonight’s chat thread for subscribers! I hope you’ll join us.
- If you were previously signed up for a paid membership via Substack, your stripe information has migrated over to the new platform. You shouldn’t see any interruption or change to your billing. I’ve paused billing via Substack to prevent anyone from getting billed twice, and I’m working with Substack directly to make sure that they can no longer take a percentage of your subscription fees. Please contact me immediately if you see anything weird or if you have any questions! Otherwise, you don’t need to do anything about your subscription. And as always, thank you for your support and for helping me keep the lights on.
- Tonight’s Friday open thread will be the last email to go out via this platform. If you’re a paying subscriber, please do try to come by this evening — I’ll be laying out a proposal for how to maintain our wonderful community going forward, and I’d really love your input.
That’s all you need to know! I have no doubt that there will be some hiccups as I figure out how to navigate the new user interface, but I’m hoping to keep them to a minimum. Please let me know if you notice anything that seems awry as we get settled, or if you have any questions at all.