Just Like Home will be in stores and in mailboxes and in e-readers TOMORROW and I absolutely could not be more excited!!
A week ago, I published a round-up of all the places you can purchase Just Like Home. I won’t take up space in your inbox by repeating all that information, but if you haven’t bought it yet or put it on hold at your local library, there’s still time! Click the link to find all kinds of places you can go to get your hands on the book.
If you’re wondering what it’s like to read the book, check out this review from The Nerd Daily:
My god, what a book. Just Like Home is an insidious book that crawls under your skin and rattles your bones. It poisons your dreams and clouds your senses, keeping you under its beguiling spell.
- Emily M
Delightfully creepy and heartbreakingly tragic, Just Like Home is equal parts raw terror of a dark childhood bedroom, creeping revelations of a true-crime podcast, and searing hurt of resentment within a family. It’s a must-read for all gothic horror fans.
- Leah von Essen, Booklist
In addition, Just Like Home has been featured in the following places:
- Popsugar’s 92 Thriller and Mystery Books to Sink Your Teeth Into
- Cosmopolitan’s 22 Summer Reads From 2022 That Need to Be in Your Beach Bag
- CrimeReads’ 23 (More) Horror Novels to Look Out for In 2022
- Lambda Literary’s list of July’s Most Anticipated LGBTQIA+ Literature
- Bookriot’s list of the most anticipated Summer Scares
- Teen Vogue’s 15 Best New Thriller & Mystery Books for Summer 2022
- The July Loan Stars list, a list of books librarians from all over Canada deem essential for Canadian libraries
- The American Booksellers Association’s August 2022 Indie Next List Preview
- Bustle’s Most Anticipated Books Of July 2022
- Buzzfeed’s list of The Best Books Releasing In July
I’ve got several events coming up for the launch of Just Like Home. This book tour is a hybrid between in-person and virtual events, so no matter where you are, you can come join us!!
- (In person!) Skylight Books in Los Angeles TONIGHT July 18th at 7pm Pacific - I’ll be in conversation with the brilliant Kate Dollarhyde. Kate is one of my favorite authors and I can’t wait to talk to her about Just Like Home!
- (In person!) Book Passage in San Francisco on July 21 at 5pm Pacific with my beloved pal, the ever-delightful Maggie Tokuda-Hall, author of The Mermaid, the Witch, and the Sea and the visceral graphic novel Squad.
- Monday July 25 at 4pm Pacific, hosted by Third Place Books with the amazing Nisi Shawl, award-winning author of Everfair and co-founder of the Carl Brandon Society. Sign up here!
- Friday July 29 at 5pm Pacific, hosted by Old Firehouse Books - This event will be hosted on Old Firehouse Books’ Facebook page. Check it out here!
If you’ve got a copy of the book, I’d be so delighted if you’d post a selfie with it on social media using the hashtag #JustLikeHome. It’s bringing me unbelievable joy to see this book out in the world.
Subscribe to Stone Soup
Subscribe to the newsletter and unlock access to member-only content.